There is a great desire for communication and discussion among governance leaders; and, in some cases, there may be a need for consultation and support in developing or strengthening effective campus governance. Shared governance is central to the mission of the Faculty Council and our commitment to good governance deserves high visibility in our structure and programs. Responsibilities of the Governance Committee include, but are not limited to, the following:
- collect and disseminate information on the status of campus governance;
- facilitate communication among campus governance leaders and between governance leaders and the Faculty Council;
- facilitate system-wide communications through a strong link with the Faculty Senate Governance Committee;
- advocate for a strong and appropriate faculty voice in the governance of the Community Colleges and in SUNY;
- seek to strengthen Community College governance through contact with faculty organizations in other states;
- provide assistance to campuses in resolving governance issues when so requested by the campus;
- determine an annual agenda of activities that will, in its judgment, contribute to the study, development, and support of effective governance;
- make recommendations to the Council on means of improving governance; and
- serve as a Bylaws review committee for the Council.
Goals and Initiatives
Each year the Governance Committee develops specific goals and initiatives for the year. Goals for the current year can be viewed by selecting this link: 2014 - 2015 Goals and Initiatives
If content does not display, please navigate to: Governance Committee Members.